2.17.2010

February vacation

What a lovely week! I've started a cardigan to wear to Carly's wedding in April. I'm using the yarn suggested--Tahki Sky which happened to be on close out at Webs! That's a good thing about making up a pattern that is a few years old. The yarn is lovely--a soft cotton, organic yarn that is a pleasure to use.


The pattern is just challenging enough to be interesting. I kind of go back and forth in my knitting between ridiculously easy to much more challenging. The Renaissance pullover--which I am just now finishing--was really easy to almost boring. The three stitches in this cardigan are much more interesting. I've done the three bottom parts--wanting to knit all the parts that required a particular stitch. They were all knit side-ways. Last night I picked up the stitches on the back and am knitting upwards in a stitch that looks like crochet when you're done with one repeat. I'm planning to wear this over something black with black pants. The intended event is the Rehearsal dinner.

Of course a lot of this knitting is going on while I watch the Olympics. We've been taping the late night events and then I watch it in the early evening before that day's events begin. I told Ken after the Opening Ceremonies, that for the next Olympics in two years I want a big screen TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment